Discord lets you send videos on its platform but with size limitations. Its basic plan allows you to send videos with a maximum size limit of 8MB.
However, you can upgrade to its ‘Nitro 50MB’ plan but still, that is very little compared to the size of HD videos. To bypass this limit, you can use other social platforms to send videos where you won’t see size as a constraint.
In this article, we will learn and discuss the 3 easy ways you can use to send videos on Discord.
How to Send Videos on Discord?
To send your videos on Discord we have listed below the 3 easy ways that you can use. These three methods are tried and tested by us so you don’t need to worry about their working.
Here we go:
1. Using Discord
Even though Discord allows you to send videos but with its limitations. If you want to go with it, you need to make sure that the video is not more than 8MB if you are on the basic plan.
If you have upgraded to the Nitro plan, then the video shouldn’t be more than 50MB to be able to send it on discord. Here’s how you can send videos on Discord using discord:
1. Open the Discord app on your desktop.
2. Enter the channel name or chat room in which you want to send the video.
3. Now, click on the “+ icon“ at the bottom left corner near the chat typing bar.
4. Select the video from your desktop library you want to send and click on “Upload“ button.
5. Now, the people in the chat can watch your video without the need of downloading it.
Even if anyone wants to download your video or you want to download any video on Discord, you can simply click on the download icon at the top right corner of the video.
2. Using YouTube
You can use YouTube to upload your videos and then copy the link of the video from YouTube and paste it on your Discord chat room where every member can watch it. The best thing is there are no size limitations.
You can even upload 4K videos on YouTube and then just paste the link of the video on your Discord chat room where your friends can watch it. Here’s how you can upload videos on YouTube:
1. Open Youtube.com.
2. Sign in with your Gmail account by clicking on the Sign In option at the top right corner.
3. Now, click on the “+ icon” next to the search bar and select “Upload video“.
4. Click on “Upload Video” and then select the video from the desktop gallery you want to upload.
5. Now, enter the information about the video like Name, Description. Thumbnail etc and click on “Next“.
6. You will now be in the visibility section where Public should be the selected visibility. You can also change it to Private, Unlisted, or Scheduled if you need.
7. Click on DONE. You will now be redirected to a page containing the uploaded video along with the link.
8. Finally, copy the video link and paste it on your Discord chat room or server to send videos to your friends.
3. Using Google Drive
If the above-mentioned ways didn’t work out for you or you find them hard then the best and easiest one is here.
Using Google Drive is very easy to send videos on your Discord. Unlike YouTube, it is not a highly time-consuming process, you can upload videos, get the link and then paste it on Discord chat room/server. Without any further ado, here’s how you can use Google Drive to send videos on Discord:
1. Sign in to Google Drive with your Gmail account.
2. Select NEW at the top left corner of the website.
3. Click on File Upload from the drop-down menu which appears.
4. Now, Select the video file from your computer library and click on Open.
5. In few moments depending on the video file size, the video will be uploaded.
6. Now, Right-click on the video file and select “Get Link” from the menu options.
7. Change its privacy settings to “Anyone with the Link“.
8. Now, click on “Copy Link“.
9. Finally, paste it on your Discord chat room/server where your friends can watch and download it.
That’s it, that was all about the 3 easy ways to send videos on Discord. we hope this article helped you with that. If you liked our content do check out our other articles too like: