The most irritating thing is when the favorite music you are listening to automatically stops and the Spotify shows an error “Spotify can’t play current song“.
This is an error very common on Spotify nowadays and also reported by various users around the world. There are many reasons that Spotify is showing you the “Spotify can’t play current song” error. Stay with us till the end to get it resolved.
To solve this problem you need to check and fix issues with Spotify such as in-app preferences, mobile phone malfunctions. Don’t get scared with these terms. We will step by step make you solve this problem with ease. let’s get started
Fix the Error “Spotify can’t play current song”
You can fix these error problems on Spotify by performing several actions. For some users, only one action will fix this and for others, they may have to perform more than one. We will discuss all the actions here which can fix this error:
1. Restart Spotify
Whether you are using Spotify on your Mobile phone or on the desktop. The “Spotify can’t play current song” error may get away by restarting the app. This is because sometimes, the app gets frozen by the influence of other apps in the RAM. Here’s how to restart the Spotify app,
- On Mobile App, close the app from the recents and then open it again and check if the error is fixed.
- On Desktop, Click on “File” at the top left corner and then select “Quit Spotify” from the drop-down menu. Then open the app again and check if the error is fixed.
If you are using Spotify on a web browser, then close the browser and open it to check if the error is fixed.
2. Log Out from Spotify Account and then Login
If the error still exists after restarting. Then, try logging out and then logging back in.
- On Mobile App, tap on the Settings icon and then go to your Profile. Now, scroll down and tap on Log Out. Log back in to check if the problem is fixed.
- On Desktop, click on the drop-down arrow next to your profile name at the top right corner. then, click on Log Out. Now, log back in and check if the “Spotify can’t play current song” error is fixed.
If you are using Spotify app on desktop, Open your Profile and then click on Log Out. Log back again to check if the error is fixed.
3. Restart Your Phone or Computer
Restart the device (Phone or Computer) on which you are getting the “Spotify can’t play current song” error. Performing a restart may troubleshoot the whole device and clear operating system issues.
You should also check if the Spotify app on your Mobile or Desktop is up to date. If not, then update it to the latest version. Here’s how you can check:
- Open Spotify app on your mobile or desktop.
- Go to Settings from the top right corner and select Spotify> About Spotify.
- Now, If the update is available, You will see the message “Update Now”. If not then the message “Spotify app is up to date” will appear.
Now, If the update is available, you need to click on the “reinstall the newer version” text link and you will be redirected to the App Store where you can update the app to the new version.
You can also click on the link to install the latest version of Spotify directly from Apple Store.
4. Turn off Highest-quality Streaming
This one is the most common solution for the “Spotify can’t play current song” error. If you are currently using a free Spotify account, and facing the error then you should turn off the Highest-quality playback in the setting (if it is selected) as this feature is only for premium subscriptions and may create issues and errors if selected for a free subscription.
Here’s how you can change it (on both mobile app and desktop app):
1. Open the Spotify app and select the drop-down arrow next to your profile name at the top right corner.
2. Select Settings.
3. Under Music Quality, select Automatic or low from the drop menu.
That’s it, these were the best possible solutions for the “Spotify Can’t Play Current Song” error. We also fixed this error by using these methods, you should try too.
We hope this article was helpful. If you liked our content do check out our other articles too like:
1 thought on “4 Easy Ways to fix “Spotify Can’t Play Current Song” Error?”