You might have seen some social media sites like Facebook limit the number of times you can change your username. But on Instagram, changing your username is totally limit-free. You can change your username on Instagram even thousands of times in a day.
Username is usually the name found at the top of your profile and is completely different from your display name. your Instagram username should be unique while your display name doesn’t require that. You can use emojis, special characters with your display name, unlike username.
On the other hand, your Instagram username appears at the top of your profile and it needs to be unique. You can only use numbers, underscores, letters, and periods with your username and not any kind of emojis, special characters, etc.
How to Change Username in Instagram app? Android/iPhone
Instagram allows you to change your username as many times as you want. You just need to use letters, numbers, underscores, and periods only for username. To change your username on Instagram you just need to follow simple steps given below:
1. Open the Instagram app on your Android or iPhone device.
2. Log in to your Instagram account if you have not already.
3. Tap on your profile picture at the bottom right corner of the screen.
4. Now, tap on “Edit Profile” under your bio.
5. Tap on the username box containing your existing username and enter the new username you wish for your Instagram profile.
6. Now, once you typed the new username in the field. Instagram will tell you if the username you want is available. if the username you entered is not available, you can then add numbers, underscores, etc, and check for availability again.
7. Once you are satisfied with your new username and it is available, tap on “Done“.
That’s it, that was all about how you can change your username on Instagram. we hope this article helped you with that. If you liked our content do check out our other articles too like: