If you want to edit your photos and make them look more attractive, then this article is for you. In this article, we will discuss how you use the Lightroom app and turn your normal photos into professional ones. So stay with us till the end.
You may have used many apps to edit your photos, but they didn’t satisfy you with their results. Although you may find many good editing apps in the app stores. But Lightroom by Adobe is the best photo editing app that you can use.
The reason for its ‘The best‘ tag is because of its wonderful features. It is also an Adobe product and as expected it offers many features that turn your normal photos into professional and outstanding ones just from your mobile phone.
Adobe’s Lightroom app is a powerful editing tool that you can use to alter your photo’s light and color balance and make them look more appealing and attractive. With just a few adjustments in the settings, you will be able to alter many aspects of a photo as you desire it to be.
Learning how to use the lightroom app is easy. You just have to follow the simple steps that we have discussed below to make your dark and less colored photos bright and attractive.
How to Use Lightroom App on your Smartphone?
Below we have discussed three simple and easy steps to use the Lightroom app on your smartphone and make your photos look professional and attractive. Make sure to go through all of them.
1. Configure Lightroom app on your Smartphone
The photos we take on our Mobile phone have different lighting and white balance depending on the time and angle when we take them.
Usually all the photos, we take on our mobile photo lacks clarity, and every time it seems less attractive with dark areas around our faces in the photo. With Lightroom, besides many other awesome features, you can very easily adjust the color balance in the photo with just a few simple handy taps.
First download the lightroom app from the Play store, if you are using an android phone. Or download it from the App store on your iPhone/iPad.
- Open the Lightroom app.
- Click on Sign up and create your account (you can also skip this option)
- Input the information and click Sign up.
- Now, click OK to allow Lightroom app to access your photos.
Now one you do all the steps above. You are now able to edit your photos. To edit your photos in the Lightroom app.
2. Adjust Lighting in Lightroom app
- Open the Lightroom app
- Select a photo, you want to edit from your gallery.
- After you select your photo, the adjustment menu will appear on the screen.
- Now, If your photo is dark. adjust the brightness setting to your preference.
Once you make your photo’s brightness to your preference, it is time for other adjustments. So here we go for Lighting :
- Contrast: If your photo is taken on a sunny day and it has a good amount of light. Then slide Contrast to a little bit lower side in such a way that decreases the light of the photo. But if your photo has a low amount of light then slide it a little bit to the higher level.
- Exposure: Now, if your photo has a low amount of white balance, then you should slide this up as per your preference. I would recommend keeping it as it is. If your photos white balance is good.
- Highlights: Again, if your photo has an excess amount of white light, then lower the highlights.
- Shadows: Slide this option to the lower side, if your photo has patchy shadows. Example: shadows on the face of the person or on the eyes.
- Whites: Now, when you do all the above adjustments, you will yourself know how to use this one. I would recommend sliding this up if your photo has less vibrance.
- Blacks: Slide this down a little bit.
Now, you have successfully done the lighting part. To make your photos more appealing. You have to adjust the colors of the photo. I would recommend doing the Color part of the photo only after you first finish the Lighting part.
3. Adjust the colors of a photo in Lightroom app
To adjust the colors of your photo. Follow the steps given below:
- Temperature: If you want to change the overall temperature of your photo. For example, if you have taken your photo in a sunny environment. You can just slide the option to negative degrees to make your photo’s temperature cool like winter.
- Tint: To highlight the major colors in your photo. You can slide this up. But I would recommend keeping it as it is.
- Vibrance: Slide this up if you want to make the colors in your photo more highlighted. Even if you want to make the colors of your photo less highlighted. You can slide this down to be able to do that.
- Saturation: If your photo has less clarity. You can slide this up a little bit. Otherwise, keep it as it is.
After you apply the above settings for your photo and are happy with the results. You can now export it in your phone’s gallery. To do that, Tap on the export option on the top right corner of the screen and save it in your gallery.
You can see the difference, the Lightroom adjustments made to the photo. If you don’t want to apply my recommendations. You can randomly play with light and color settings and make your photos more appealing and bright.
That’s it, that was all about how to use lightroom and make your photos look awesome. We hope this article helped you with that. If you liked our content do check out our other articles too like:
1 thought on “How To Use Lightroom App & Make your Photos Professional?”