Instagram is currently one of the most popular social media platforms. It lets you upload moments of your life with friends and your followers.
If you are using Instagram for a long time and have been actively uploading your content. Then with time, your followers will increase in number. They will engage with you through your content and will also like, and comment on the posts. But with popularity and increment in followers, you may get a lot of followers who are unknown to you or just a bunch of spammers.
Though Instagram does offer a private account where only the people you allow will see and react to your posts. But sometimes you may regret accepting follow requests, and want to unfriend or delete those multiple followers on your Instagram at once.
When you don’t want someone to be your follower, it is a little complex to delete them directly. In this article, we will show you how to delete multiple followers on your Instagram easily.
How to Remove/Delete Multiple Followers on your Instagram at Once?
It is quite easy to delete your followers on Instagram when you only have a few of them. But what when they are in hundreds or thousands? How can you delete multiple followers on your Instagram at once?
This is where the mass delete feature is required. Unfortunately, Instagram currently doesn’t have the feature that allows you to delete multiple followers at once, Neither it is possible to delete them using in-built Instagram features.
So how to delete multiple followers on your Instagram at once?
We have two ways for that, First is by manually deleting them which might take longer if you have a chunk of them, and the second one is, by using third-party apps.
Using third-party apps is the best way to remove/delete your multiple followers on Instagram at once as they offer user-friendly options to delete them. For that, skip the first method and scroll down to the below section and learn how you can do that.
1. Manually Delete your Instagram Followers
Though this is far from a convenient option when you want to delete followers in bulk, however, this is the only way that Instagram features itself on its platform.
It is only a good option if you want to delete 5-10 followers or even 20-30, but would be time-consuming if you want to remove/delete hundreds or even thousands of your followers on Instagram. For that, you would need a third-party app that will do your job easily. We have discussed that too in this article, you can check that section below↓
Here’s how you can delete multiple Instagram followers manually one by one:
- Open your Instagram app and tap on the profile icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the followers, where your follower numbers are showing.
- Now, the list of your all followers will appear, search for the followers you want to delete in the search box.
- Once the follower appears on the screen, tap on the Remove button appearing beside their name.
- Tap again on the Remove button to confirm your action.
Remember, if your Instagram account is public then the person still will be able to see your posts. If you don’t want to let him/her see your profile, then you should consider setting your profile to private or blocking him/her.
If you don’t know How to Turn your Public Instagram account into a Private Instagram account then Here’s how you can do that: (*If you know then Skip this part to learn the next method)
Turn your Public Instagram account into a Private Instagram account:
1. Open your Instagram app and navigate to your profile by tapping on your profile icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner.
3. Now from the pop-up menu options, tap on Settings and then on Privacy.
4. Toggle the Private Account button to on.
5. Now, Tap on Switch to Private to confirm the action.
Once you set your Instagram account to private then people will have to send you a follow request to be able to see your profile posts. This means when you remove a person from being your follower then they won’t be able to see your profile anymore.
You can even remove or delete your followers without turning your profile private. This is possible only by Blocking them. You can block any of your followers by tapping on Block instead of Remove in the followers’ list menu as we discussed above.
These are the only features that Instagram offers built-in to allow you to delete people from your followers. If you want to delete multiple followers on your Instagram then you would need a separate third-party app.
2. Delete Multiple Followers on Instagram at Once using Third-Party App
While you can find yourself which one works best for you but to make it easy we recommend using Cleaner for Instagram for Android and Cleaner for Ins for IOS. With these, you can delete multiple followers on Instagram at once or in a very short time.
- When you successfully Install the ‘Cleaner for Instagram‘ app on your Android or IOS device, the first thing you need to do is log in to your Instagram account through the app.
- Now, go to your followers’ list and mark all the followers which you want to delete or you can Select All to delete all of your followers.
- Tap on Confirm when it asks if you are sure about the decision.
- That’s it, Now your selected followers will be deleted in no time.
This was all about how you can delete multiple followers on your Instagram at once. We hope this article helped you with that. If you found this helpful do check our other articles like: